Hitting the gym soon? Or have already started? After so many debates and conflicts, most gyms across the nation have finally received the green signal to restart operations. Now, this might light up the eyes of fitness fanatics or be greeted by heavy reluctance on the part of others. But in any case, if you do decide to pay your gym a visit during this pandemic, make sure to be as safe as possible. Even with the new gym guidelines issued by the government, you can take care of your safety on your own. Just follow these simple tips to stay safe at gym.
Tips to stay safe at gym
- The first step to have a safe and happy workout is to reset your expectations. If you’re expecting your gym experience to be exactly how it was before this pandemic started, don’t.
- Make sure any equipment you plan to use, is sanitised right before you touch it. Certainly, it’s the gym prerogative to make sure that happens. But if you haven’t witnessed someone doing it, don’t hesitate to ask. You can also carry your own sanitizer spray, just in case you know.
- If you’re taking a fitness or yoga class, avoid those conducted in close quarters. Ideally, you should attend these classes in an open-air environment. And also make sure to follow social distancing and encourage others also to do the same.
- Carry a pair of disposable gloves. You don’t necessarily need to wear them when you’re exercising, but having gloves on when you touch other high-contact surfaces like doorknobs, or fingerprint detectors is highly recommended.
- Sanitize! Sanitize! When you’ve entered the gym, before and after you’ve used a piece of equipment, after you exit the gym doors. Make sure to use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, whenever you can.
- Do NOT touch your face. With sweat dripping down your face, it might be highly tempting to fall back on old habits, and just wipe it off with your hands. Please don’t do that. You already know why. Wear a face mask or a face shield as much as you can to reduce this risk.
- We’d suggest you cover up as much as you can. We’re talking about full-length gym gear, like joggers and full-sleeve t-shirts. Think of it as a win-win situation, the more you cover-up, the more you sweat and the more you burn. Also, there’s a pandemic going on, maybe save the tanks for when it’s over?
- If your gym seems crowded to an unsafe extent, don’t hesitate to have a word with authorities. Always make sure that you as well as your gym is following the guidelines issued by the government.
Visit www.biosupcare.com for more!