The couch in everyone’s living room is quite an interesting place. The specific piece of furniture plays so many roles. A host to guests, a place to crash, a movie theatre seat, and with COVID-19, a work desk for many. As special as the couch is for the memories we make, the fact that it has slowly become the most favourite place, is worrisome if you look at it from the health perspective. Therefore, here are some tips to stay physically active and not become a couch potato.
5 tips to stay physically active
- Set a time – You must make it a point to ensure that you set apart an hour or two for exercise in your routine. If you think you will exercise when you get the time, it may never happen. Based on your household chores and work hours, pick and set a time every day, which will help you be consistent.
- Switch it up – Boredom and monotony have become the norm this year, due to the stay at home restrictions. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you keep your exercise routine interesting, and something that you look forward to. Switch it up every day, or every few days. Try different exercises such as strength training one day, and yoga the other day. This will help to keep you moving and help you stay motivated to work out.
- Keep your diet in check – If your goal with physical activity and exercise is to shed some kilos, know that only exercise will not be able to help. If you want to lose weight, or even get healthier in general, you must eat a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Family workouts – Since everyone is at home during the lockdown, you can indulge in family workouts which will not only help you bond but will also be healthy for the entire family.
- Add 5 more minutes every day – If you are unable to exercise for a long time at once, start with a small duration such as 10-15 minutes. Add five minutes to the routine every day. This will give your body time to adapt to the routine, especially if you have taken a long break from exercise.
Visit www.biosupcare.com for more!